Future Leader and Asian Candidate Focus: HY William Chan – Allies in Politics
- Future Leader and Asian Candidate Focus: HY William Chan
- Understanding Issues faced by Migrants in Political Participation with Anka Sahin, Immigration Law Professional
- Intersectionality and Diversity in Politics with Mannie Kaur Verma
- Indigenous Candidate Focus – Tatum Moore, Dubbo Regional Council candidate, 2021
- Can Politics really eradicate poverty? – With Australian Progressive Party, Therese Faulkner, President and Edward Carroll, National Exec
- Allies in Politics Brand New Teaser!
- Councillors – What's up with that?
Because EVERYTHING’S political…
Hello and welcome. My name is Tharini and I am the founder and MD of Allies in Colour and show host of the Allies in Politics podcast. My personal experience as well as my own research shows we are desperately in need of a 101 of politics to encourage people of colour to enter the world of politics and make their impact. There’s also a missed opportunity to engage with new immigrants as they start their lives in Australia. Because everything is political, it’s important that we become engaged and participate actively in the political process. Politics as we know it is still significantly white and male-dominated and so it’s critical that we add more diverse representation in government so that we have a government that works for all of us.
As an immigrant, I have an intimate understanding of what my challenges are in seeking to educate myself about Australian politics and in figuring out the appropriate avenue for meaningful participation. This is why I started the Allies in Politics podcast to, in my own way, be that 101 of politics for POC and new immigrants in Australia and help them understand the pathways available to them, to become politically active in a significant way.
Please note that my show will not be used to barrack for ANY particular political party as I intend to provide adequate information so that my audience is armed with the knowledge to make up their own minds.